Designer Producibility & Assembly
Location: Lübeck, Germany
About the job
Are you curious, engaged, and seeking to contribute to the lives of users and society? Do you believe that impact comes from self-motivated teams working together synergistically? And you believe that with our mutual inspirations and efforts, we can achieve excellent results, sometimes even beyond our own imagination? Then you fit in our team!
We are looking for a designer Producibility & Assembly to join our team in our office in Lübeck. The designer Producibility & Assembly is ensuring that the designed product can be manufactured and assembled with sufficient ease and for a price fitting the business case of the project.
For this, the knowledge of several production techniques as well as the approach for translating a (conceptual) design into a tangible, mass/series produced product is required.
As an international integrated product development agency, we team up with our clients to improve or extend their product portfolio. From the early-stage concept to the market introduction. We are looking for customers that are a ‘conscious fit’. For us, this means that the ideal client is user-centered, teamwork minded, and focused on long-term success. The same goes for our team members! In all our projects we use our innovation stage gate model LUCID, which has been developed and evolved for over 30 years. The model provides a grip on a complex matter while giving the possibility to fully tailor a process to the needs of our clients.
We are a fit if:
- Being able to translate a design on paper, or 3D physical model into high-quality set of 3D CAD files and 2D drawings
- Having knowledge on how to guide the production process towards complete assembly and manufacturing validation
- Like to work together and to take the lead in the phases of detailing
- Being used to motivating and encouraging people
- Being well developed in managing expectations and in taking the lead in big projects
- Seeing yourself as a strong and very open communicator
- Being result driven and motivated to find new solutions
- Understanding the customer demands and wishes and transform those into a successful product.
- You have a bachelor university degree in engineering / design engineering / industrial design
- You have good knowledge of your profession, design methods and industrial production methods
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience as a designer or engineer
- You have excellent communication skills in German and English, both spoken and written
- You can visualize and have knowledge in CAD packages and design tools ( SolidWorks, Pro/E and the Adobe software package)
- You have knowledge to specify 3D data into 2D CAD
- You have affinity with surface modeling and/or FEM Analysis.
What we offer
We offer an engaging job with lots of teamwork and creativity for a competitive wage and conditions. Every project is tailor-made. You will join an internationally oriented company that is aware of the value of professional growth and an engaging company culture built on trust, passion, and working together. We have excellent scope for personal development and the opportunity to take on more responsibilities. The contract will be based on a 40h work week and include conditions such as profit sharing, home office allowance, and personal budgets.
Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.