About the internship
Within our agency we are convinced that becoming an excellent designer you have to learn in praxis next to your scholarship. By providing internships, we want to contribute to this part of talent development.
Therefore we always look for interns in term time or during the summer who are eager to expand their design/engineering skills. We are looking for enthusiastic interns for our offices in The Netherlands, Germany, and The United States. Interns can expect to work on a variety of impactful projects from clients around the world, building their communication skills along the way.
Ready to learn and grow with us?
As an international integrated product development agency, we team up with our clients to improve or extend their product portfolio. From the early-stage concept to the market introduction.
We are looking for customers that are a ‘conscious fit’. For us, this means that the ideal client is user-centered, teamwork-minded, and focused on long-term success.
The same goes for our team members!
In all our projects we use our innovation stage gate model LUCID, which has been developed and evolved for over 30 years. The model provides grip on a complex matter while giving the possibility to fully tailor the process or a project to the needs of our clients.
In our offices in the Netherlands, Germany and the United States over 65 (with trainees over 70) tremendously talented specialists integrate Innovation strategy with functionality, design, producibility, electronics and graphics into our highly structured development process.
By working closely together and crossing the boundaries of different disciplines and markets, people can share their knowledge and inspire each other constantly.
We are a great match if
- You are enthusiastic about designing impactful products in a team
- You look forward to working in an international, multidisciplinary team
- You are eager to grow and explore
What do you have
- A portfolio or examples of work
- A resume
- Preferably attained or working towards a creative and/or technical degree, like Industrial Design or Mechanical Engineering
- Basic knowledge of design principles
- Availability for at least a 9-week period during the summer or a semester for term-time internships
- In-person availability for the period of the internship at one of our locations (Delft, The Netherlands; Essen, Germany; Lubeck, Germany; Providence, Rhode Island, USA)
What we offer
- An international oriented job in a fast-growing company with interesting and renowned customers
- Contract for paid internship (40hrs/week, we are open for parttime hours for term time students , let’s find the match).
- Excellent learning opportunities for technical and for e.g. communication skills
- Experience as part of a responsible design team
- An inspiring and experienced team of designers to help guide and teach you along the way
MMID is proud to be a company with a balanced diversity in gender and cultural backgrounds. We think it is essential to be open-minded, to connect with others, learn from and inspire each other, both professionally and on a personal level. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
If you are up for this challenge and think you could be an asset to our international team, please send your resume, motivation, and portfolio (if applicable) to Diana Sanches so we may have an initial exploratory call.
If you have any questions about our company or the job, please don’t hesitate to contact us.